In 1854, Mr. George W. Green deeded to the trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church an acre of land and helped to establish what is now known as Providence Chapel United Methodist Church. A structure was being used as a chapel at the time of that deed. The elders of our congregation believe that structure was destroyed by fire.
In June of 1892, Methodist Episcopal Church trustees Thomas Carroll, R.A. Johnson, S.J. Wiley, Lawrence Lloyd, and John R. Carroll accepted land from the T.F. Payne family. This land provided a place to build the current structure of Providence Chapel. In 1995, the congregation built an addition that includes the fellowship hall and classrooms.
In times of joy, sorrow, peace, and turmoil, Providence Chapel continues to be a beacon of light, hope and God’s love to the people of Paris Mountain and beyond.